The Girl with no Shadow

|

Sunday, August 8, 2010





Yes ! I saw something
Oh ! Yes i did
it was a silhouette so dark
with an aura so bright...


I followed her into the lanes not lit
my footsteps audible
in perfect sync with her's
she didn't stop ,she wasn't frightened


My curiosity drove me so fast
could hear the fluttering panes
could feel the night snore
I couldn't stop maybe because I didn't want to.


Suddenly! I got a little glimpse
it was a girl in gown
the gown ameliorated with my unfinished dreams
i was numb
i was shocked!


She was no stranger
at least i felt so
the inexplicable connection
i could not explain though


The lanes were criss cross
From everywhere to nowhere
A typical maze I got stuck in
following her
I felt my body flew
She turned here and there on ambiguous paths


Exalted I felt when she came again
in the line of sight
Somehow
I didn’t want to loose her
Yes, truly I didn’t…!!


At one of the turns
She vanished,
I panicked
Searching for her lost directions.


Maybe, she knew I was following
maybe she got frightened
I felt so guilty……


I could see the gallows emerging
from the farther end


I swallowed a restraining gulp
Shivering from head to toe
The drop of sweat trickled down my neck
I felt it’s sheer cold.


Then it happened !
The unexpected..
Something I feared the most
She was visible now
coming from the far end.
.
.
.
Her steps were not so steady
Better than mine though
Her face covered with a drape
A drape of my desires never fulfilled.
.
.
.
.
.
.
How can it be?
I asked myself
though I didn’t get any answer
my heart beseeched for


she came nearer and nearer
with every dreaded step
I grew pale and more numb
With those very steps.


I was stranded alone
In those undesigned lanes
They were a nightmare for me
Like panes with no windows
like doors with no openings
.
.
.
They grew scary and monstrous
with ever moment that passed.
.
.
.
She was coming slowly
With a slight limp
I guessed not why
Was too bewildered to think
In fact scared I was.


Now, the moment I feared the most
She was in front of me
She spoke nothing, me neither
A silence with potency so strong
struck my mind.
.
.
.
.
I felt empty, hollow from inside
I heard some strange words
arcane to me at least.
.
.
.
Then I noticed something
she didn’t have a shadow
I had one staring back at me though
an obliterated entity I suppose
but she didn’t.


I heard a twang so loud
The tower clock emerged in the sight
Growing from beneath the ground
It’s hands struck 12:50 now.


The time came , she didn’t spoke
Anything still
Maybe she didn’t want to
Me neither.
I rejoiced the silence
the strange bitterness of her weirdness vanished
I was feeling her presence nice
But still couldn’t see her face.


Tried a lot , but the drape refused to budge
Not even a flutter
for even a glimpse extract.


I don’t know why but
now I didn’t want to
it wasn’t imperative anymore
I just felt her near me.


The gentle breeze caressed her hair
My eyes were not blinking
I didn’t even want to miss a moment.


Then she turned
raised her head and elongated her arms
rains from the skies fell apart.


The clouds started bursting aloud
the downpour was ecstatic
She looked vulnerable, me too
she was scared , but felt alive too.
.
.
.
A smile drove past my face
with some drops of water too.
.
.
.
She closed her eyes to feel the rains
I did the exact
suddenly the earth beneath us disappeared
the infinite skies grew calmer
a lightning bolt struck between us.


I felt its power , but I was too stoical to notice
I took her hands , mine were trembling
drenched and wet and shivering cold
closed my eyes again and dreamt
.
.
.
.
.
.
Finally, my heart didn’t feel so numb
The heartbeat was back again
AT LAST….I felt ALIVE again…!!!!!!



A POEM BY :
OPEN EYE DREAMER

13 comments:

Dreams_Untamed said...

loved it..
honestly speechless ... :)

Shiva said...

x c lent

mingling minds said...

awsm!!!

oPeN EyE dReAmEr said...

thanks a LOT ppl....!!!
it means a LOT!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

you're welcome :p

Unknown said...

yes,i loved it too :p
n i said that earlier as well :p

Dreams_Untamed said...

Ooooo... Guru "loved" it :)

oPeN EyE dReAmEr said...

bas lolly bas....!!!

Rohit Bareja said...

dude amazing poem.. i think later in life.. ppl and students will remember yamit.. and the teachers will try to make them understand abt the present era.. with ur words.. :)

Anandi said...

Quite intricate thought processes. Liked these lines:
"I was stranded alone
In those undesigned lanes
They were a nightmare for me
Like panes with no windows
like doors with no openings"

and

"A smile drove past my face
with some drops of water too."

Keep it up, keep writing, it only gets better as you go along.

oPeN EyE dReAmEr said...

thank u ma'am....
THANKS A LOT...!!!
ALWAYS LOVE U....!!!!

maverick..!! said...

ohh...m in luv wid dis poem...vry nyc yr..!!...
keep writing....:)

oPeN EyE dReAmEr said...

thanks manushree......!!!
:)

Post a Comment