The beauty salon...

|

Saturday, August 7, 2010



In the beauty salon…

An uncanny smell of strong ‘sweet’ smell overpowers, eyes bewildered by sudden pink shine
I enter the world forbidden for creatures from species like mine…

The front desk has some lilies, some daffodils and some other stuff with weird names…
And yellow-pink-purple hair display with alien fashionista proclaims …

I wonder..i shiver and I pause my walk..as I enter fighting the nauseating aura..
The front desk has usual pretty Preeti sitting,I request a hair do feeling sinned as some box-less Pandora..

Sure little lady, I’ll ask someone to help you with the options…
We have street cuts,slanted edges..and actually designs to suit the changing seasons…

Seasons..i wonder.. so you blonde em for autumn and bleach em for winter…
Little flowers for the spring and maybe bald-heads for summer…

She smiles.. she thinks.. I was joking all this while…
I am dead serious brethren.. ask her not to SMILE..!!

I gather some courage.. and with all my strength…
With faked surety I pronounce…I err.. I just thought you’d clip em off along the length..

Shocked and disgusted she glares at the alien me…
The stunned stare as if I spilled some soda on the sacred fashion prophecy..

The friendly tone gone.. I no longer was welcomed it seemed…
So we’ll trim em up the ol’ plain way.. she said as her eyes screened…

Maybe her pink dress..suddenly realised my flip-flops,shorts and sports tee..
And her Gucci didn’t actually like my Tommy Hilfiger...or maybe the complete me..!!

SO OH MY GOD..!! was I the satan of the utopian fairy salon…
I slogged behind the pacing her…was I still a human or some over-fried Kentucky bacon..?

Grab that seat ma’am.. our best will soon be here…
‘you’ll learn a new leasson’.. was all I could decipher from that stare…

A French little man.. no longer than me came in soon…
And the pleasant company proved out to be my little boon…

He suggested me some bounced up hair do.. and explained the pro-con…
I was a game for it.. do me any cut except the famous.. ‘dead mower and lawn’((Yeah that rockstar thingy with little spikes in the very middle))

So whatever..it took him some 7 clips and 9 snips and I was told I am done…
A hug and a 1000 bucks.. and I jumped of the chair.. maybe to never return…


But now I wonder.. of who was responsible for these beauty salons..!!
The mail chauvinistic society...you...me… or some extra-terrestrial con.. ?

Whatever it is.. it has to be evil…for the pain of a full body wax beats army boots..
Don’t you dare disagree…
IT IS BOILING WAX..HUMAN SKIN AND HAIR PULLED OFF FROM ROOTS..


((my try at light stuff.. i knw the rhymes get irritating..sing-song ding-dong.. but lol.. it is my sad try at comedy..))

5 comments:

Shiva said...

funny version of sylvia plath's mirror with intricate details ???

the lines were getting long but each one had some unique metaphor and simile

Anonymous said...

@shiva.. though i am a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of sylvia.. read her poems .. worshiped the person she was.. everything from her movies to the news clips.. but no..this wasn't inspired from it..

sylvia was basically a confessional poet.. all my poems follow the pattern (atleast they try to ..) but still they are rants.. and this infact is probably the only few of my works which isn't self confessional ... so no..this one isn't a version of mirror..

and thank you soo soo soo much for the review :)

Dreams_Untamed said...

psst.. by movie i meant the movie 'sylvia' by jeffe.. not the crappy documentary thing ..!

oPeN EyE dReAmEr said...

I LIKED THE GUCCI vs TOMMY HILFIGER....!!
the whole poem in fact
bt tat part was AWESSII!!!!!

Dreams_Untamed said...

@dreamer.. thank u thank u :">

Post a Comment